The Department of Medical Assistance Services contracts with Keystone Peer Review Organization (KEPRO)
to handle the service authorization (srv auth) process for Medicaid, Family Access to Medical Insurance
Security (FAMIS) and FAMIS Plus clients in the fee-for-service programs. The KEPRO (srv auth) contract
Services managed under a separate contract, including pharmacy, dental,
transportation, Behavioral Health, Intellectual Disability & Day Support Waivers, and managed care
organization (MCO) vendor services;
- Please contact the Provider Helpline at 1-800-552-8627 (in-state long distance)
or (804) 786-6273 (local and out of state customers) for services that
are currently authorized by DMAS Medical Support Unit;
- Certain waiver enrollment/service
authorizations maintained by DMAS Long-Term Care
KEPRO accepts srv auth requests via Atrezzo Connect (an interactive web-based application), telephone,
paper, and fax submission. The preferred submission method is through direct data entry
for a quicker response. Specific information regarding the srv auth
requirements and methods of submission may be found on the contractor’s website
*** Attention Providers**
There are service authorization process changes that may impact your services to KEPRO. Please review the following new Medicaid Memos to Providers available through the Virginia Medicaid Web Portal using the link below:
- Memo dated 6/3/15 titled, "Interim Instructions for Waiver Providers in Use of API (Atypical Provider Identification) vs NPI (National Provider Identification) and Changes to KEPRO’s Service Authorization Process and Impact on Provider Services — Effective July 1, 2015"
- Memo dated 6/15/15 titled, "Notification that KEPRO is Converting to Electronic Process for Submitting Service Authorization Requests – Effective September 1, 2015"
- Memo dated 10/19/2016 titled, "Changes to the Service Authorization (SA) of Organ and Stem Cell Transplants and Non-Emergency, Outpatient, Out of State MRI, PET and CAT Scans - Effective November 1, 2016”
Reminder: Service Authorization Expiration Dates
You may have members whose service authorizations will be expiring next month. If the member continues to need the services, you will need to submit a request for services to the Department of Medical Assistance Services designated service authorization contractor prior to the end of the current authorization. THERE ARE NO AUTOMATIC RENEWALS.
For services that are authorized by KEPRO, the service authorization request may be submitted through direct data entry (DDE), fax, phone or and US mail. The preferred method is by DDE for a quicker response through KEPRO’s provider portal, Atrezzo Connect. To access Atrezzo Connect on KEPRO’s website, go to
Durable Medical Equipment & Supplies (DME) changes related to
Incontinence Supplies – Effective January 1, 2014
Based on the Request for Proposal (RFP) 2013-01, DMAS awarded a sole contract for
the provision of Incontinence and Related Supplies for all Virginia Medicaid
fee-for-service members to Home Care Delivered, Inc.
January 1, 2014, all Virginia Medicaid members will order and receive their
incontinence supplies through Home Care Delivered. Please refer to the Virginia
Medicaid Web Portal for current Medicaid Memos to providers relating to
Incontinence Supplies for additional information at: